Comparison between Cloud Computing infrastructure models in 2020
Cloud computing opens a new era for database infrastructure, reducing dependency, increasing integration, more flexibility in deployment, and cost-effectiveness.
Expanding the system is many times simpler than traditional, increasing the pluses of using the cloud, which also reduces the load on the operating team, helping them to be more proactive in focusing on perfecting the core values of each system, timely pursuing the rapid growth of the application and information security.
With the cumbersome traditional model of physical infrastructure below, the complexity of operation between software and compatibility between functional groups has become a backward point and a burden in the technology transformation plan of businesses and organizations.
Modern virtualization solutions have been created to remove some of that burden, helping the transformation to take place smoothly and save significant head costs.
As for young organizations and businesses, they have the opportunity to use advanced technology in a more proactive way, so choosing cloud computing as the starting platform is not too new and risky. This is entirely convinced by the advantages that cloud computing offers:
- On-demand self-service: A user can unilaterally provide computing capabilities such as server time and network storage when needed without much impact from the service provider.
- Ubiquitous network access: This ability is available over the network and is accessed through standard mechanisms that promote use by various hermetic platforms or thick or thin (e.g., mobile phones, laptops, and PDAs).
- Location independent resource pooling: The provider’s computer resources are synthesized to serve users using multi-tenant models, with various virtual and physical resources handed over and recovered automatically according to the user’s needs.
- Rapid elasticity: This ability can be quickly supplied for rapid expansion and release to shrink. For consumers, rental availability often appears indefinitely and can be paid for at any given time.
- Pay as you go: This ability is paid for using an advertising invoice model, service charge, or measurement to promote resource optimization. For example, measure the repository, bandwidth, and computer resources used and pay for user accounts that have been activated month by month.
The use of infrastructure on any type of cloud computing depends heavily on the type of business, how it is implemented, the size, and national policies with sensitive data laws. Here are some basic concepts of cloud computing types:
It is an IT system owned and managed in the inland network of an enterprise or organization. Private Cloud takes advantage of the advantages that virtualization platforms bring along with control and customization from the organization that owns it. In a Private cloud environment, all resources and resources are internal to enterprises and organizations, including administration and operation.
It is an IT system provided on the Internet, owned and managed by a service provider. Users or organizations need to register to be granted access to Public Cloud. Public cloud provides a set of commercial processes, applications, infrastructure services standardized at flexible prices based on usage. The multi-tennant model is a key feature of public cloud service. The use of public cloud for businesses is dependent on the form, size of operations and some laws on information security in each territory.
Today, instead of owning a group of virtual servers on the Public Cloud infrastructure, organizations and businesses will switch to using services already installed on the public cloud, which are served according to the enterprise domain such as email services, web security services, …
It combines the characteristics of both public and private clouds, where in-and-out service provisioning methods are combined. Businesses, organizations that manage service portfolios and rules, and cloud service providers that operate and manage cloud infrastructure and resource flows. In hybrid cloud environments, data and applications can move between private and public cloud for greater deployment flexibility.
Virtual private cloud
Virtual Private Cloud is a cluster of completely separate resources (private cloud), based on public cloud infrastructure. VPC is provided by Cloud Service Providers in a multi-tenant model.
If private cloud is an internal virtualization model of the business, owned by the enterprise from architecture, hardware infrastructure, license to operating and maintenance modes, virtual private cloud will reduce the load for businesses in the content related to hardware, maintenance, the ability to upgrade and expand according to needs quickly , while helping businesses save costs thanks to flexible leasing model.
One of the biggest benefits of VPC compared to the public cloud environment is that businesses will have full rights to exploit the resources allocated to them: virtual machine tasks, private network separation, and storage management,… , almost no different from managing a private cloud.
With increasing compatibility between virtualization systems, businesses can fully migrate their VPC between different virtualization platform infrastructures, increasing their ability to respond to Disaster Recovery services, one of the extremely expensive issues for the traditional Private Cloud model.
Virtual Private Cloud combined the advantages and disadvantages of 02 popular cloud models (private, public), however, VPC still depends on the service provider (Infrastructure as a Service), and therefore, the selection of suppliers with safe, trusting platform, is always the top concern.
To know more about our services, please contact Cloud Space for advice:
- Hotline: (+84) 86 980 5768 - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cloudspacevn - Website: + https://cloudspace.vn + https://hybridcloud.com.vn + https://publiccloud.com.vn